Well friends, once again I am mixing ‘business’ with ‘pleasure’ on my Tumblr. My main homie and I have officially announced the beginning of a new tape label, Hope For The Tape Deck. (Don’t be scared, follow that shit - it’s a Tumblr page.)
We’re launching HFTTD with 8 incredible and diverse albums - some have seen exposure via other formats, others are exclusive to the label. All of them need the attention of your earholes. We’ve put together a label sampler of which you can grip here.
The catalog to date includes:
- Grape Soda - Form A Sign (the Kindercore dude and his bro)
- The Sad Cobras - No More Graves (members of Eternal Summers)
- Rare High - Rare High (former Capstan Shafts)
- Gold-Bears - Are You Falling In Love? (formerly of Plastic Mastery and current Slumberland recording artist)
- Emily Yacina - Bloom (also of Waldosia)
- Psalmships - Old Waves (whaddup Philly!)
- Faster Circuits - Tunes Of Glory (feat. Derek of Olivia Tremor Control, of Montreal, Elf Power and dozens more)
- Missionaries - Demo EP (whaddup Roanoke!)
Expect future releases from Graham Repulski, Total Normal, Hussalonia, Kid Icarus, and, holy crap, more than we’re allowed to mention.
Pre-orders for individual albums are up as well as a bundle deal with or without a custom, handmade/screen-printed cassette box to hold your magnetic treasures.
To celebrate we’re putting together a label launch show at River Laker Cultural Center in Roanoke, VA on Saturday 8/31. 3 bands, 6 bones - Psalmships (Philly), Missionaries and the much-anticipated reunion of The Sad Cobras. The event will also feature local artisans, band merch and…cupcakes (whuuuut). RSVP on the FB.